Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Making a music CD

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    Struth!... I can hear you from here. I'll try your suggestion and see what happens... and I'll post back.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    FabianX... I have used "configure" and all the items are greyed out except for:

    Burnfree
    CD/RW Drive
    Supports DAO Writing


    The Interface type is shown as "Generic SCSI" and I suspect that this is the one that needs changing... it is however greyed out.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewen
    FabianX... I have used "configure" and all the items are greyed out except for:

    Burnfree
    CD/RW Drive
    Supports DAO Writing


    The Interface type is shown as "Generic SCSI" and I suspect that this is the one that needs changing... it is however greyed out.
    In K3b Configure I have a line that reads

    Cdrdao driver: auto

    If you click 'auto' it becomes a pull down menu. It is not very obvious perhaps that it is a pull down menu.

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    rickenbacherus... you are a genius... it works!

    Thank you for your help.

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28
    I tried that cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -audio track*.wav but it didn't work... well, actually, it sorta worked, but not quite right.

    First, I change directory to where all my wavs are at.. I tried what you typed exactly at first (my cdrw is also on 0,0,0) but that didn't work, so I just replaced track*.wav with what the first file's name, which was ripped_01*.wav... but all it did was burn just that track.

    What am I missing? All the other tracks are similarly named (ripped_02, ripped_03, etc.).

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker
    I tried that cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -audio track*.wav but it didn't work... well, actually, it sorta worked, but not quite right.

    First, I change directory to where all my wavs are at.. I tried what you typed exactly at first (my cdrw is also on 0,0,0) but that didn't work, so I just replaced track*.wav with what the first file's name, which was ripped_01*.wav... but all it did was burn just that track.

    What am I missing? All the other tracks are similarly named (ripped_02, ripped_03, etc.).
    track*.wav
    ripped_01*.wav

    What you are missing is you are trying to match a pattern with the * wild card character and you have only given it an option to match files that are named ripped_01_with_some_other_characters_here.wav not ripped_some_characters.wav so you should use ripped*.wav in the line to record.

  7. #17
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    28
    Oh wow, whatdya know.

    Thanks again man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading music using Knoppix
    By kornface13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
  2. electronic music programs??
    By patiscool in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 AM
  3. Automounting and music cds
    By fcc in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:14 PM
  4. music without graphics?
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:33 PM
  5. Streaming music choices
    By Loper in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00