-
Can't un-write protect anything on my hard drive
I'm using Knoppix on my XP laptop. So far it's pretty cool, EXCEPT for the fact that I can't seem to un-write protect anything on my hard drive. All folders and files come write and read enabled for "user" but everything else is disabled. Any changes I attempt to make to any folders or files is unsuccessful. (it gives me an error message) I don't know if this is some sort of vengeful Microsoft backlash or what, but it's really hindering anything I can do with Knoppix. Any help?
Similar Threads
-
By cubrovic in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:19 AM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By autumnhome in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By loongy22 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 01:56 PM
-
By aydin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 05:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00