Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Making a music CD

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    Making a music CD

    I have used the burner programme K3b to successfully burn data CDs but when it comes to music it's a different story.

    I have ripped a CD using a different OS to the hard-drive as .wav files and now I want to burn them to a CD using the Knoppix OS but when I attemot to do this I get this message:

    http://bogle.homestead.com/files/k3b_burner.jpg

    I have found a similar post

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...553&highlight=

    but I'm not sure I understand what has to be done. Can someone help please?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Phooey on K3b. Use cdrecord, it's much easier AND it actually works.


    # cdrecord -scanbus
    Cdrecord 2.01a05 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
    Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
    scsibus0:
    0,0,0 0) 'SONY ' 'CD-RW CRX100E ' '2.0h' Removable CD-ROM
    0,1,0 1) 'HITACHI ' 'DVD-ROM GD-2500 ' '0101' Removable CD-ROM
    0,2,0 2) *
    0,3,0 3) *
    0,4,0 4) *
    0,5,0 5) *
    0,6,0 6) *
    0,7,0 7) *

    Notice how it identifies my cdburner as 0,0,0. Your mileage may vary.

    cd /the/directory/with/your/.wav/files

    cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -audio track*.wav

    This is assuming you have a 4x cd burner. This command will burn ALL files in the directory to cd. If you just want to test without making a coaster use the -dummy option like so:

    cdrecord -v -dummy speed=4 dev=0,0,0 track*.wav

    Do man cdrecord to learn more.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Re: Making a music CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewen
    I have used the burner programme K3b to successfully burn data CDs but when it comes to music it's a different story.

    I have ripped a CD using a different OS to the hard-drive as .wav files and now I want to burn them to a CD using the Knoppix OS but when I attemot to do this I get this message:

    http://bogle.homestead.com/files/k3b_burner.jpg

    I have found a similar post

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...553&highlight=

    but I'm not sure I understand what has to be done. Can someone help please?
    Just open k3b, go to Settings, Configure k3b.

    Goto devices and set it for your burner to generic-mmc.

    cu

    Fabian

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Making a music CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabianx
    Just open k3b, go to Settings, Configure k3b.

    Goto devices and set it for your burner to generic-mmc.

    cu

    Fabian
    It would seem Fabian that K3b has wrecked more than a few fstabs. I have no trouble using other gui's. k3b also errors trying to copy a cd. The only time it worked was to burn an .iso

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Re: Making a music CD

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabianx
    Just open k3b, go to Settings, Configure k3b.

    Goto devices and set it for your burner to generic-mmc.

    cu

    Fabian
    It would seem Fabian that K3b has wrecked more than a few fstabs. I have no trouble using other gui's. k3b also errors trying to copy a cd. The only time it worked was to burn an .iso
    You talk about k3b-setup, I talk about configure k3b. And yes, k3b does work like a charm here. (Music-Dds, Isos, Data, Copy, No problems)

    cu

    Fabian

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: Making a music CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabianx
    You talk about k3b-setup, I talk about configure k3b. And yes, k3b does work like a charm here. (Music-Dds, Isos, Data, Copy, No problems)

    cu

    Fabian
    Huh- I'll have to check it out. Am I to understand then that your experience with k3b setup is similar to mine or did it work for you?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Re: Making a music CD

    Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabianx
    You talk about k3b-setup, I talk about configure k3b. And yes, k3b does work like a charm here. (Music-Dds, Isos, Data, Copy, No problems)

    cu

    Fabian
    Huh- I'll have to check it out. Am I to understand then that your experience with k3b setup is similar to mine or did it work for you?
    k3bsetup is (sorry to say that) CRAP.

    But "Configure k3b" (and THAT IS NOT THE SAME, sorry for shouting ) works and k3b does work also!

    cu

    Fabian

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31
    Kb3 Setup will not let me in without a root password ... how the devil do I do that? Verything I try gets kicked back>

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    slovenia
    Posts
    15
    Copy/Paste from FAQ

    Q: What is the root password?
    A: There is none; all passwords are locked by default. You can set it by going Knoppix Menu->Root Shell and typing "passwd", then enterting a root password, also there are several sections you can read dealing with this subject in KNOPPIX/README_Security.txt. You can also type "sudo su" or "sudo -s" in any console window, or use <ctr>-<alt>-F2 to get at the text console with already opened root shell.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewen
    Kb3 Setup will not let me in without a root password ... how the devil do I do that? Verything I try gets kicked back>
    YOU SHOULD GO TO "Configure k3b" NOT TO K3B Setup.

    DO NOT USE "k3bsetup" !!!!!

    Did I speak clear now ?

    cu

    Fabian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading music using Knoppix
    By kornface13 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
  2. electronic music programs??
    By patiscool in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 AM
  3. Automounting and music cds
    By fcc in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:14 PM
  4. music without graphics?
    By andrei in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:33 PM
  5. Streaming music choices
    By Loper in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A picture

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A

$89.95



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q

$185.00



Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM  32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop picture

Samsung 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-5600 SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) PC5-4800 RAM Laptop

$750.00



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC picture

Lot of 5 - Mixed Brands 40GB (5x8GB) DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 SO-DIMM 260-Pin Non-ECC

$150.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99