-
Senior Member
registered user
user not authorized to run the X server
I am trying to start x in the user space (knoppix) of the remasterd distro. I copied /etc/skel content to /home/knoppix :
code:
cp -Rp /etc/skel /home/knoppix
chown -R knoppix:knoppix /home/knoppix
and did copied /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to the /etc/X11 folder of the remastered distro. Then I did the following:
code:
su - knoppix
export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
Then I tried to start x
knoppix@4[~]$ startx
Using authority file /home/knoppix/.Xauthority
Writing authority file /home/knoppix/.Xauthority
X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
giving up.
xinit: No such file or directory (errno 2): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.
Couldnt get a file descriptor referring to the console
But when I do the same for the root, I can startx. How I can authourize knoppix to run X? Any idea?
Similar Threads
-
By frist in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2008, 08:41 PM
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By Xipponk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 08:53 AM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By john_who in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-15-2004, 07:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

(LOT of 8) Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12 DDR4 Cisco Server RAM Tested 100%
$1299.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

LOT OF 16 M321R4GA0PB2-CCP Samsung 32GB DDR5-6400MHz ECC REG RDIMM 1Rx4 Memory
$24000.00

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

SK hynix 32GB 4x8GB PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA41GR7AFR4N-UH
$125.00