Cmon, guys
I have really search this forum for best solution.
Just dont know, how to keep my FF and .kde settings after remastering.
Little tip will be great.
thx
I have finished my first Knoppix remaster and everythings works fine.
Except, settings for FF. (homepage, bookmarks, theme...)
I have follow UnderScore How to, so i dont know, what i'm doing wrong.
One more info. I have finished remaster with 240Mb ISo file. How small can Knoppix be with included KDE desktop, my language support and and Firefox?
thx
Cmon, guys
I have really search this forum for best solution.
Just dont know, how to keep my FF and .kde settings after remastering.
Little tip will be great.
thx
Modifying
/mnt/source/KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.mozilla/knoppix/*/bookmarks.html
or the firefox equivalent should help.
Regards,
Mark Preston
Easy. Just do the following:
chown -R root:root /etc/skel
chown -R knoppix:knoppix /etc/skel/.mozilla
You need the to follow the above order to get it to work. You can do the same for any folder you want the system to copy to the /home/knoppix folder with your settings.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59