Cmon, guys
I have really search this forum for best solution.
Just dont know, how to keep my FF and .kde settings after remastering.
Little tip will be great.
thx
I have finished my first Knoppix remaster and everythings works fine.
Except, settings for FF. (homepage, bookmarks, theme...)
I have follow UnderScore How to, so i dont know, what i'm doing wrong.
One more info. I have finished remaster with 240Mb ISo file. How small can Knoppix be with included KDE desktop, my language support and and Firefox?
thx
Cmon, guys
I have really search this forum for best solution.
Just dont know, how to keep my FF and .kde settings after remastering.
Little tip will be great.
thx
Modifying
/mnt/source/KNOPPIX/etc/skel/.mozilla/knoppix/*/bookmarks.html
or the firefox equivalent should help.
Regards,
Mark Preston
Easy. Just do the following:
chown -R root:root /etc/skel
chown -R knoppix:knoppix /etc/skel/.mozilla
You need the to follow the above order to get it to work. You can do the same for any folder you want the system to copy to the /home/knoppix folder with your settings.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
$170.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99
Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25
Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99