-
Trying to virus scan a networked Windows PC from Knoppix
Hi ...
As you might know, I am currently in the process of getting Knoppix to boot on my Micron PC ... as per this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21046
Well, the story is, I've another PC which I am trying to virus-disinfect, but it's so far gone that the viruses have taken over, preventing Norton Internet Security from installing, and setting the hard drive to read-only. I've already cleaned up 600 viruses, and 170,000 infected files!! (yikes)
I have a router connection and the PC's are networked together. The PC in question is a Compaq Presario 6000. My question is: Is there any way that I can remotely f-prot scan the PC from my Micron PC under Knoppix, while networked to this PC? I've tried Knoppix on the infected PC with the f-prot virus scan, but it hangs before the scan starts, because the PC has not enough memory for the scan.
Also, are there other Linux virus utilities that will detect Windows viruses?
Similar Threads
-
By patches1391 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:47 AM
-
By mid1700s in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
-
By lothario in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-06-2005, 08:25 PM
-
Replies: 26
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 09:18 PM
-
By cascadefx in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-01-2003, 09:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99