I'm just a new Knoppix user on version 3.9 live CD. I would like to know how can I change DNS? I found only on IP setup in network card setup. Because my DSL internet need to set the DNS.
Thanks
[email protected]
I'm just a new Knoppix user on version 3.9 live CD. I would like to know how can I change DNS? I found only on IP setup in network card setup. Because my DSL internet need to set the DNS.
Thanks
[email protected]
Run netcardconfig. Say no to DHCP setup. It will let you set up a DNS (which it calls a Nameserver). Have your desired IP address and releated information handy too.
You would do yourself a big favor though if you just bough a dirt cheap DSL/cable router and let that set up your Knoppix system. In addition to getting all of the setup information by DHCP and not needing any PPPoE software on any of your computers or OSs any more, you would have the basis of a small network and would have a hardware firewall that would protect your OSs (particularly windows) from attacks coming in from the Internet (Don't kid yourself, a software firewall isn't enough and the MS software ffrewall is worse than useless).
Thank you for your kind. Actualy I use ADSL router modem(Aztech 600EW). Can I change only DNS with still automatic assign IP address from router modem, like edit confuration file?
Chano

Commodore Plus/4 computer for parts or restore
$50.00
Commodore 1351 Wired Mechanical Standard Mouse 2-Button Beige/Gray Untested
$50.00
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 128D System works great Comes with Keyboard which works great
$800.00
Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99
Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99
Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00
Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50