-
How can I change DNS?
I'm just a new Knoppix user on version 3.9 live CD. I would like to know how can I change DNS? I found only on IP setup in network card setup. Because my DSL internet need to set the DNS.
Thanks
[email protected]
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Run netcardconfig. Say no to DHCP setup. It will let you set up a DNS (which it calls a Nameserver). Have your desired IP address and releated information handy too.
You would do yourself a big favor though if you just bough a dirt cheap DSL/cable router and let that set up your Knoppix system. In addition to getting all of the setup information by DHCP and not needing any PPPoE software on any of your computers or OSs any more, you would have the basis of a small network and would have a hardware firewall that would protect your OSs (particularly windows) from attacks coming in from the Internet (Don't kid yourself, a software firewall isn't enough and the MS software ffrewall is worse than useless).
-
thanks
Thank you for your kind. Actualy I use ADSL router modem(Aztech 600EW). Can I change only DNS with still automatic assign IP address from router modem, like edit confuration file?
Chano
Similar Threads
-
By mtu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
-
By Semantic in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 06:47 PM
-
By newman in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 11:49 PM
-
By Jwizzman in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 03:07 PM
-
By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested
$207.92

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

Vintage Microsoft Multimedia PS/2 Wired Computer Keyboard KB-0168 Black Tested
$29.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99