Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How can I change DNS?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    How can I change DNS?

    I'm just a new Knoppix user on version 3.9 live CD. I would like to know how can I change DNS? I found only on IP setup in network card setup. Because my DSL internet need to set the DNS.
    Thanks
    [email protected]

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Run netcardconfig. Say no to DHCP setup. It will let you set up a DNS (which it calls a Nameserver). Have your desired IP address and releated information handy too.

    You would do yourself a big favor though if you just bough a dirt cheap DSL/cable router and let that set up your Knoppix system. In addition to getting all of the setup information by DHCP and not needing any PPPoE software on any of your computers or OSs any more, you would have the basis of a small network and would have a hardware firewall that would protect your OSs (particularly windows) from attacks coming in from the Internet (Don't kid yourself, a software firewall isn't enough and the MS software ffrewall is worse than useless).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    thanks

    Thank you for your kind. Actualy I use ADSL router modem(Aztech 600EW). Can I change only DNS with still automatic assign IP address from router modem, like edit confuration file?
    Chano

Similar Threads

  1. Just change isolinux.cfg - nothing else
    By mtu in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 07:34 PM
  2. How can you change your MTU value?
    By Semantic in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 06:47 PM
  3. Solutions for a change
    By newman in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2003, 11:49 PM
  4. What do i need to change to...?
    By Jwizzman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 03:07 PM
  5. Change LC_MESSAGES variable and change user name name
    By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-8500 SR3XE 3.00 GHz 6-Core CPU picture

Intel Core i5-8500 SR3XE 3.00 GHz 6-Core CPU

$2999.00



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00