Quote Originally Posted by Linuxgamer
Hi

I get an error on unionfs make:

root@kein Ausgabegerät[unionfs-1.3]# make
************************************************** ****************************
If you have questions about or problems building Unionfs, please read INSTALL.
************************************************** ****************************

make -C /usr/src/linux-2.6.17.8 SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/unionfs-1.3 FISTDEVMK=/usr/src/modules/unionfs-1.3/fistdev.mk modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.17.8'
Building modules, stage 2.
MODPOST
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.17.8'
make -C utils all CC=gcc UCFLAGS='-I.. -I. -O2 -Wall -Werror -DUNIONFS_VERSION=\"1.3\" -DSUP_MAJOR=2 -DSUP_MINOR=6 -DSUP_PATCH=17'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/modules/unionfs-1.3/utils'
gcc -o unionimap unionimap.c usercommon.c -luuid -I.. -I. -O2 -Wall -Werror -DUNIONFS_VERSION=\"1.3\" -DSUP_MAJOR=2 -DSUP_MINOR=6 -DSUP_PATCH=17
In file included from unionimap.c:22:
unionimap.h:29:23: error: uuid/uuid.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
unionimap.c: In function 'create_forwardmap':
unionimap.c:57: error: 'uuid_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
unionimap.c:57: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
unionimap.c:57: error: for each function it appears in.)
unionimap.c:57: error: syntax error before 'uuid'
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
unionimap.c:68: warning: implicit declaration of function 'uuid_generate'
unionimap.c:68: error: 'uuid' undeclared (first use in this function)
unionimap.c: In function 'create_reversemap':
unionimap.c:182: error: 'uuid_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
unionimap.c:182: error: syntax error before 'uuid'
unionimap.c:212: error: 'uuid' undeclared (first use in this function)
unionimap.c: In function 'print_forwardmap':
unionimap.c:305: warning: implicit declaration of function 'uuid_unparse'
make[1]: *** [unionimap] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/modules/unionfs-1.3/utils'
make: *** [utils] Fehler 2
root@kein Ausgabegerät[unionfs-1.3]#

Im using Knoppix5.01 Kernel 2.6.17.8

With other unionfs versions there are other errors, too

Thx for HELP

Linuxgamer
You don't need to do the full make to upgrade the Knoppix kernel, you only require the unionfs.ko file. This can be compiled using:

Code:
# make unionfs.ko