-
Thanks for this nice howto, but I have an additional challenge ...
My challenge: I cannot boot Knoppix > 3.4 in the first place, because, for example, Knoppix 3.8, Knoppix 3.9, Knoppix 4.0.1 and so on have a kernal that Oopses instantly because of my hardware-configuration in the first place. This is also true for ubuntu 5.04 boot-cds etc. The debian 3.1 Sarge loadmod also oopses (but the install continues, if needed).
The culprit is the Highpoint 372 IDE controller. Something is very flawed in this kernal code. No matter which kernal boot option I try, or if I try kernal 2.4 versus 2.6, etc. - it oopses.
Thus, I have to replace the Knoppix kernal from an environment _outside_ of Knoppix.
I could, for example, install SuSe 9.1 , or boot Knoppix 3.4 , ... and then what? How do I use this for replacing the Kernal out of the ISO image? Is there a tool available?
Or could I be so renitent as to simply use Total Commander's ISO file support to replace a few files inside the ISO and get my own compiled Kernal booting?
(Uh, I just tried this on the 4.4 gig Debian 3.1 Sarge ISO: I can't spot the kernal file. Uh-oh.)
Any help very appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By sublime005la in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2006, 01:43 PM
-
By waellinux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 06:34 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 10
Last Post: 01-29-2004, 08:04 AM
-
By soapee01 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-15-2003, 10:08 PM
-
By eadz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2003, 01:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Dell EMC WD-HITACHI H5H72101CLAR10T0 10TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s SED 3.5in A POH 0-50k
$189.99