-
Senior Member
registered user
Booting from non-bootable cd, using floppies?
The situation is, that I have a knoppix-CD which has been burned file-by-file, but hasn't been made bootable. So it has all the right files in right directories, but just isn't bootable.
Now I want to start Knoppix from that CD using a set of 1440KB boot-floppies (as I'm quite sure single floppy isn't enough).
Is this possible?
(I'm currently working with knoppix-3.8.2, but I'd like to have a method which would work also on newer CDs)
Similar Threads
-
By PupSpark in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-22-2009, 05:59 PM
-
By dicktracy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2006, 10:56 PM
-
By pebay in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-14-2006, 12:03 AM
-
By no_name in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 09:38 AM
-
By gettinbranded in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73

Dell XPS 8910 Desktop PC Tower Black 32GB RAM 1TB HD Intel(R) Core(TM) i7
$600.00