-
activate Proxim\Orinoco WLAN-Card with Knoppix 3.9
Hi,
I used to use Knoppix 3.4 with my Proxim\Orinoco 802.11b card without any problems.
With V 3.4 I just had to execute ifconfig ath0 up and iwconfig ath0 mode monitor.
(It seems, that this WLAN card was supported by V 3.4 since I didnt install any drivers etc...)
Now, with V 3.9 there is still an interface ath0 available to Knopix, and the MAC-address of ath0 is the WLAN-Card (according to ifconfig -a) , however ifconfig ath0 up doesnt work anymore (in fact: Knoppix hangs... I have to restart the machine)
I am a windows-guy and new to Linux, so I wonder whether I need some new WLAN drivers with V 3.9 or is there some other trick to use my WLAN card ?
thank you
Heinz
Similar Threads
-
By genius21 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By lugnuts in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 07:24 AM
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By okeydokey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL
$169.00

Vintage DEC Digital CompacTape II Tape Cartridge TK-52 TK-70
$29.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00