Hi,
I used to use Knoppix 3.4 with my Proxim\Orinoco 802.11b card without any problems.
With V 3.4 I just had to execute ifconfig ath0 up and iwconfig ath0 mode monitor.
(It seems, that this WLAN card was supported by V 3.4 since I didnt install any drivers etc...)
Now, with V 3.9 there is still an interface ath0 available to Knopix, and the MAC-address of ath0 is the WLAN-Card (according to ifconfig -a) , however ifconfig ath0 up doesnt work anymore (in fact: Knoppix hangs... I have to restart the machine)
I am a windows-guy and new to Linux, so I wonder whether I need some new WLAN drivers with V 3.9 or is there some other trick to use my WLAN card ?
thank you
Heinz

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75