Hi,
I used to use Knoppix 3.4 with my Proxim\Orinoco 802.11b card without any problems.
With V 3.4 I just had to execute ifconfig ath0 up and iwconfig ath0 mode monitor.
(It seems, that this WLAN card was supported by V 3.4 since I didnt install any drivers etc...)
Now, with V 3.9 there is still an interface ath0 available to Knopix, and the MAC-address of ath0 is the WLAN-Card (according to ifconfig -a) , however ifconfig ath0 up doesnt work anymore (in fact: Knoppix hangs... I have to restart the machine)
I am a windows-guy and new to Linux, so I wonder whether I need some new WLAN drivers with V 3.9 or is there some other trick to use my WLAN card ?
thank you
Heinz

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99