-
HD Install KNOPPIX 3.9, but PLEASE no boot loader
Hi,
I am a very keen Knoppix supporter and user, often using this particular live-linux system to retrieve data from damaged os, or just as a general fallback, never missing the chance to recommend it.
Some time ago I successfully performed an HD install using 3.8 or 3.7, I can't remember which, and now I would like to install 3.9 on one of my hard-drives, but as I have an existing GRUB boot loader on a separate disk I would prefer not to write a new one. At one stage of the install, which I started with "knoppix-installer" the question I am asked is "Choose where the bootlaoder shall be installed - to Master Boot Record or to Root Partition", but there is no option for not writing any bootloader at all. Is there no way to skip this step?
TIA
Regards,
Agustin
Similar Threads
-
By cv65user in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2009, 08:58 AM
-
By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
-
By cli168 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 03:57 AM
-
By /dash in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 08:39 PM
-
By J.A.X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 02:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00