Can anyone tell me why http://klik.atekon.de/ is not working ,as I keep getting page not found and have tried with three differant browsers,Thanks,Dennis
Can anyone tell me why http://klik.atekon.de/ is not working ,as I keep getting page not found and have tried with three differant browsers,Thanks,Dennis
Probono has added Xandros to the list of OSs supported by KLIK, and I'm anxious to try it but I also can't get to the klik.atekon.de site. Now that I'm fired up about KLIK, I hope whatever problem there is gets fixed quickly.
In faith, Dave
[email protected]
Viva Texas
dpeirce,
I think what is going on is he is uploading to this site or doing some fixing on it ,now I know someone else can't to the site this narrows down the problems.Well hopefully it will be up with Xandros for you,Thanks for checking in,Dennis
The DNS of our host has a problem currently, but there is a easy fix:
add to your /etc/hosts:
Our hosting provider is working to fix the issue.Code:134.169.172.48 klik.atekon.de
Greetings,
probono
probono,
Thanks ,that did the trick and Dave will be happy.While I have your attention,I see you have done some things with codeweavers and I need some inpute from you on using Opera with it.If we need to discuss this some where else let me know,Dennis
Please klik://opera again - it is now 8.5 without advertising.
Let's discuss at #klik
Greetings,
probono
Hi. I added the hosts entry and can access the KILK site now. Thanks.
But I still have a problem. I downloaded the client (I think), and have .klik and klik-cmg-install-root in my /home/dave directory. But they don't seem to do anything. I clicked on the new opera package in my old opera and get this error message "The address type is unknown or unsupported klik://opera"
I tried a second time. This is the output from my terminal window:
====================== copy ========================
dave@Dave:~$ wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
--23:04:42-- http://klik.atekon.de/client/install
=> `-'
Resolving klik.atekon.de... 134.169.172.48
Connecting to klik.atekon.de[134.169.172.48]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 14,553 [text/plain]
47% [================> ] 6,907 31.07K/s find: /home/dave/.mozilla/: No such file or directory
sh: line 47: Xdialog: command not found
100%[====================================>] 14,553 36.44K/s
23:04:43 (36.40 KB/s) - `-' saved [14553/14553]
sh: line 47: Xdialog: command not found
***
* Updating MIME database in /home/dave/.local/share/mime...
***
ln: `/home/dave/.gnome2/vfolders/applications/klik': File exists
dave@Dave:~$
================================================== ===
Then I tried as root to run ./klik-cmg-install-root and the terminal says "No such file or directory. Earlier there was a ./klik-cmg-install-root file but now there is not, and now I have a file .zAppRun file which wasn't there earlier.
Do I need a .mozilla directory even though I don't have mozilla or firefox installed? And what is xdialog?
?????
In faith, Dave
[email protected]
Viva Texas
Dave,
I don't think you can use opera.If you use firefox,you paste this in the url bar
wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh,hit enter and you will have those two files in home directory.The ./klik-cmg-install-root,has to be installed in /etc/fstab as root,read this link http://klik.atekon.de/docs/?page=How%20to%20use
Read this about uninstalling what you have now,and before installing klik client again.
Close actually the procedure is:
1. Open Firefox/Mozilla
2. (Re)install klik client
(Reason: Firefox/Mozilla arbitrarily names its profile folders, so they must be created first in order for klik to know where to write the settings to. You could call that "bad design" if you want.)
Greetings,
probono
Once that is done you go and klik something and a box will open labeled external protocals program and bottom right there are two buttons one is cancel ,you select the other and your cmg file should start to down load,if everything is working the program will open on it's own the first time when the download compltes.Close it and another box will open asking you to make a comment about the program,this is up to you.After you close your browser,there should be a X.cmg icon on your desktop,if your are using KDE,you click that and the program should run.
Now if I have said anything wrong I know someone will correct me.Dennis
I don't use firefox, had a very bad experience with it. Sorry if that's your favorite. But I will add a .mozilla folder to /home/dave if I absolutely *HAVE* to. Also, KILK works in Opera using the Kanotix live-CD.
I used wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh from the console. The instructions say Alt-F2, which also brings up a console, so I'm guessing that's OK?. First time I tried it, I got both files in my /home/dave but couldn't click on a KLIK link. I looked just now at /etc/fstab, and the app/1 through app/7 entries are all there (/tmp/app/1/image /tmp/app/1 cramfs,iso9660 user,noauto,ro,loop,exec 0 0). However, there are no corresponding directories in /tmp.
From my previous error messages...
1) It seems to have downloaded only 47% of the file?
2) It wants a .mozilla file in /home/dave.
3) It wants xdialog.
I also looked at the files listed in probono's post on uninstalling KLIK (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...fb0476b4518e9e). All the files he listed are there except /home/dave/klik-cmg-install-root, and /home/dave.local/share/mime/packages/klik. Since I'm not trying to uninstall, I'll leave all these files in place and hope I can get the two missing files. That may not work.
There's also a file he didn't mention: /home/dave/.local/share/mime/application/x-extension-cmg.xml.
I've downloaded xdialog now, and will try making a .mozilla directory plus making the directories in /tmp which correspond with the fstab entries, and will see what happens ^_^.
In faith, Dave
[email protected]
Viva Texas
No, I was wrong about KLIK working in opera. I just went back to the kanotix 2005-03 live CD and got the same "address type unknown or unsupported" error I got in opera-xandros. However, it DOES work in konqueror-kanotix, because I used konq to download the opera file from KLIK. So I'll try what I said and use konq instead of opera. I don't have any problem with kong :^>.
In faith, Dave
[email protected]
Viva Texas

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000
$39.99
Vintage Coach 5209 Brown Leather BusinessTote Laptop Briefcase Y2K Shoulder Bag
$150.00
Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00
Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Apple IIGS Vintage Personal Computer A2S6000
$249.99
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00