-
Junior Member
registered user
To dwombat
To dwombat: My Bad Experience with firefox:
1) it installs itself without permission as default everything (a practice I'd expect from another operating system's browser, the one located in Redmond, Washington, USA). This ticks me off, but I CAN go through the trouble to uninstall it as default everything so this isn't fatal.
2) Then I installed firefox 1.0.4 and its adblocker plugin in Xandros 3.0.1. Then I decided I liked privoxy better so tried to uninstall the plugin using xandros networks. Crash!!!!! Won't re-boot xandros any more; won't boot anything else either. Somehow it wiped every partition on both hard drives including my data and backup partitions, everything which was mounted in xandros (and xandros mounts everything it finds). Reinstalled xandros, fc3, mandriva, mepis, ubuntu, and debian, and then rebuilt my data files and backed them up to CD. Thought I was safe using a separate partition for backup, but no.
That WAS fatal! 3 days reinstalling and two weeks rebuilding data... most unhappy. Maybe a fluke, but I really really really really really don't want firefox on my system again if I can possibly help it. Burn me once, OK; burn me twice and I feel stupid ^_^.
So I'm really really really really really hoping there's a way to do KLIK without firefox.
In faith, Dave
[email protected]
Viva Texas
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
-
By giant_toaster in forum Klik
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2006, 11:37 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-15-2005, 11:53 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2005, 11:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$76.98

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$175.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00