Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Connecting to the internet

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7

    Connecting to the internet

    I just downloaded Knoppix so I can cash in the warranty on my faulty HD and still use my computer. However, I can't connect to the internet with Knoppix.

    I use DSL from SBC. My modem is a Speedstream 5360. I'm a noob to Knoppix, so I don't know what all I need to tell you. Please help. <3

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    Speedstream 5360 is an external Ethernet ADSL modem.
    This is good. This is much better comparing to USB models (much easyer to setup).
    http://www.chipweb.de/dsl/index.php?menu=2&id2=33
    "Linux support: Yes"

    You must configure your network card and your ADSL conection. Try to find this 2 things in K-menu and make some experiments.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7
    Try to find this 2 things in K-menu and make some experiments.
    What exactly is the K-Menu? And what am I trying to find? =P

    Total noob here. =(

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    Something like Start menu in MS Windows. In the very down-left corner of the monitor. Click on it and open diferent programs to find out what is what.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    7
    Aww, no step-by-step?

    Alright, I'll go look around... x.x

Similar Threads

  1. connecting to internet
    By alok in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
  2. Connecting to the Internet
    By HornyToad in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 09:56 PM
  3. Connecting to the internet
    By wikid009 in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 01:30 PM
  4. allow connecting the internet
    By P.Enguin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
  5. Connecting to the internet
    By Realyze in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$99.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99