-
activate Proxim\Orinoco WLAN-Card with Knoppix 3.9
Hi,
I used to use Knoppix 3.4 with my Proxim\Orinoco 802.11b card without any problems.
With V 3.4 I just had to execute ifconfig ath0 up and iwconfig ath0 mode monitor.
(It seems, that this WLAN card was supported by V 3.4 since I didnt install any drivers etc...)
Now, with V 3.9 there is still an interface ath0 available to Knopix, and the MAC-address of ath0 is the WLAN-Card (according to ifconfig -a) , however ifconfig ath0 up doesnt work anymore (in fact: Knoppix hangs... I have to restart the machine)
I am a windows-guy and new to Linux, so I wonder whether I need some new WLAN drivers with V 3.9 or is there some other trick to use my WLAN card ?
thank you
Heinz
Similar Threads
-
By genius21 in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By lugnuts in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 07:24 AM
-
By GuyLeDouche in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By okeydokey in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89