-
Sound Blaster Audigy EAX Advanced HD
Hey, I'm pretty new to Linux (I had some VERY basic experience with SUSE 9.2 and 9.3) and I'm haveing trouble getting my Sound card to work. I've never encountered this problem and I don't know what information to give you. I apologize for the lack of info. Plz assist and thank you very much for your time.
-
Senior Member
registered user
the info we need is mainly what soundcard? model, make, chipset...
open a consoile and type
Code:
sudo lspci|grep audio
and
Code:
sudo dmesg|grep audio
the output from these two comands will help us help you. atleast if it is a PCI card (95% chance)
perhaps
Code:
sudo lsusb|grep audi
if it is USB.
-
SB instal Problem
Hi there. I am new to Linux. Knoppix 3.7 had no problem installing sound but 4.0.2 did. I did a Debian instal. My card is a SB16 pci. The output ffrom what you suggested in the post is as follows:
pnp: SB audio device quirk - increasing port range
Any help would be appreciated. I may just instal 3.7 again if I can't get it to work. It's likely something simple, but it is only simple once you figure it out!
Similar Threads
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By ICE_STORM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM
-
By NamShub in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 11:04 PM
-
By Bakin in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:39 AM
-
By UrbanSlayer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell 6TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise PowerEdge H
$75.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99