Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Sound Blaster Audigy EAX Advanced HD

  1. #1

    Sound Blaster Audigy EAX Advanced HD

    Hey, I'm pretty new to Linux (I had some VERY basic experience with SUSE 9.2 and 9.3) and I'm haveing trouble getting my Sound card to work. I've never encountered this problem and I don't know what information to give you. I apologize for the lack of info. Plz assist and thank you very much for your time.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    the info we need is mainly what soundcard? model, make, chipset...
    open a consoile and type
    Code:
    sudo lspci|grep audio
    and
    Code:
    sudo dmesg|grep audio
    the output from these two comands will help us help you. atleast if it is a PCI card (95% chance)
    perhaps
    Code:
    sudo lsusb|grep audi
    if it is USB.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    1

    SB instal Problem

    Hi there. I am new to Linux. Knoppix 3.7 had no problem installing sound but 4.0.2 did. I did a Debian instal. My card is a SB16 pci. The output ffrom what you suggested in the post is as follows:

    pnp: SB audio device quirk - increasing port range

    Any help would be appreciated. I may just instal 3.7 again if I can't get it to work. It's likely something simple, but it is only simple once you figure it out!

Similar Threads

  1. SOund card fun:Sound Blaster Audigy OEM also Radeon 9600Pro
    By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
  2. SOund BLAster 5.1 on Knoppix 3.3 no sound
    By ICE_STORM in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM
  3. Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum
    By NamShub in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 11:04 PM
  4. Audigy 2 sound blaster platinum
    By Bakin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:39 AM
  5. Sound Blaster Audigy Supported?
    By UrbanSlayer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



SK Hynix 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM Memory Module 16GB (HMA84GR7MFR4NUH) 128GB Total picture

SK Hynix 2400 MHz DDR4 RAM Memory Module 16GB (HMA84GR7MFR4NUH) 128GB Total

$700.00



Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B picture

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B

$299.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R picture

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R

$341.00



Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G) picture

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)

$89.99