Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: what's the best webcam with Knoppix ???!!!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4

    what's the best webcam with Knoppix ???!!!!!

    Iam new here with Knoppix & used to work with UBUNTU b4 & I have a question since I started working with linux & left the windows about the best webcam I can get & it can be detected by Knoppix without I need to look for drivers or compiling anything,I have already intel easy cam & ubuntu & knoppix could detect it but they just detect the name without any valus for the driver &if I tried to use gnomemeeting it say there is no vedio device ,so please I need an advice with the most suitable webcam brand that will work with knoppix without any problems.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    135
    One that DOESN'T work. I have not managed to get the Logitech Quickcam Zoom to work, even with the right drivers.

    drb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4
    I wonder what's the problem with webcams with linux because I always ask anybody I know he is useing linux & always get no answer or (I didn't try it b4 or I don't have a webcam),I even sent for creative asking them to support linux with drivers for their web cams & they said they won't support linux system,The webcam is very important for me & now if I want to use the webcam I have to goto windows then after I finish I swich back to linux

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    4
    Logitech Zoom do work with Linux, mine (blue & white Logitech Zoom) work in WBEL 4 (RHEL 4 recompile) out of the box. So if it doesn't work in Knoppix, maybe the pwc module is not compiled into the kernel?

Similar Threads

  1. Webcam access and control under knoppix?
    By turbine in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2007, 10:01 PM
  2. Logitech Webcam
    By Crazydude in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 02:15 PM
  3. Webcam not working....
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2005, 02:16 PM
  4. Webcam server on remastered knoppix ?
    By rimmern in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 06:42 PM
  5. webcam on Knoppix
    By lvenneke in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 08:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3 picture

Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3

$219.99



RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections picture

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections

$63.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$225.00