I'm just a new Knoppix user on version 3.9 live CD. I would like to know how can I change DNS? I found only on IP setup in network card setup. Because my DSL internet need to set the DNS.
Thanks
[email protected]
I'm just a new Knoppix user on version 3.9 live CD. I would like to know how can I change DNS? I found only on IP setup in network card setup. Because my DSL internet need to set the DNS.
Thanks
[email protected]
Run netcardconfig. Say no to DHCP setup. It will let you set up a DNS (which it calls a Nameserver). Have your desired IP address and releated information handy too.
You would do yourself a big favor though if you just bough a dirt cheap DSL/cable router and let that set up your Knoppix system. In addition to getting all of the setup information by DHCP and not needing any PPPoE software on any of your computers or OSs any more, you would have the basis of a small network and would have a hardware firewall that would protect your OSs (particularly windows) from attacks coming in from the Internet (Don't kid yourself, a software firewall isn't enough and the MS software ffrewall is worse than useless).
Thank you for your kind. Actualy I use ADSL router modem(Aztech 600EW). Can I change only DNS with still automatic assign IP address from router modem, like edit confuration file?
Chano

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99