-
PEAP with KNOPPIX ?
Hi,
I'm looking for a solution to boot a Centrino-Laptop with Knoppix and connecting to a WLAN using the 802.11x authentication-methode PEAP (using MS-CHAP passwords against a RADIUS Server)
(So far I was only able to connect to a WLAN using a static WEP-key, but this is unfortunately without 802.11x)
thx
-
Hmmmm, I'll take a stab at this.
Ok, now I may be lost here, but WLAN comes in 3 flavors; 802.11a, 802.11b & 802.11g. PEAP/CHAP, etc. are just ways of logging onto the WLAN. If you were able to log on to it with a static WEP key, and you were truly on, then I would not worry about it. All the PEAP/CHAP is going to do for you is make it dynamic. If it works, let it work.
If you are attached to the WLAN but still can't get to the internet/network, then it's because your proxy/firewall/corp login requires that login through PEAP/CHAP. In that case you will have to find a "module" to perform that. I would start searching on google. I would also look at the debian distrabutions.
j
-
PEAP with knoppix??
I am also looking for the same answer. The default wavelan configuration only let you to connect WEP encrypted networks not PEAP or LEAP. If anyone has a clue to achive connection with PEAP I will be pleased.
Thank you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00

Vintage Apple M2115 SCSI External Hard Drive for Macintosh POWERS ON
$119.89

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Computer (Model M0001A)
$100.00

vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New
$79.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$170.00

Vintage APPLE MACINTOSH II Desktop PC EMPTY CASE & Power Supply Only UNTESTED
$39.90

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer M0001A complete set
$400.00

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6320CD PowerPC & Power Cord
$79.99