Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Image Download - Won't Boot

  1. #1

    Image Download - Won't Boot

    I have downloaded the ISO image and burned to a CD. My system does not recognize the image as bootable. Is there a step I am missing.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    I have downloaded the ISO image and burned to a CD. My system does not recognize the image as bootable. Is there a step I am missing.
    You downloaded ISO file, after that you need to burn image of that ISO file on CD, this can be the problem. http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    9
    FYI - I have noticed on my CD/DVD burns from windows (I know, I know) with Nero 6... that if I don't choose "Finalize CD/DVD so that nothing further can be written to the disk", it doesn't seem to want to boot. Of course this is with the understanding that 3.9 will fit on a cd and 4.0 must be burned to dvd. So far I have had great success burning the ISO's. Also, you may want to run an md5 check. There are free md5 checkers out there for windows and I did have one bad download......j

Similar Threads

  1. boot from image
    By nnigam in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM
  2. cannot boot off iso image
    By uber in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:59 AM
  3. boot from HD via damnsmall boot image.
    By nicklaser in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:38 AM
  4. may I update knoppix without download full big cd image
    By snoobot in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 03:16 PM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers picture

Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers

$1352.99



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung picture

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung

$297.98



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested  picture

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested

$74.99



Commodore 1581 Floppy Disk Drive w/ Power Supply, Cable & Disks picture

Commodore 1581 Floppy Disk Drive w/ Power Supply, Cable & Disks

$300.00



Hammerworks box60 Commodore 64 Mechanical Keyboard built  picture

Hammerworks box60 Commodore 64 Mechanical Keyboard built

$77.77



Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 64 C64 Breadbin Computer System TESTED READ picture

Commodore 64 C64 Breadbin Computer System TESTED READ

$159.00