Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Image Download - Won't Boot

  1. #1

    Image Download - Won't Boot

    I have downloaded the ISO image and burned to a CD. My system does not recognize the image as bootable. Is there a step I am missing.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    I have downloaded the ISO image and burned to a CD. My system does not recognize the image as bootable. Is there a step I am missing.
    You downloaded ISO file, after that you need to burn image of that ISO file on CD, this can be the problem. http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    9
    FYI - I have noticed on my CD/DVD burns from windows (I know, I know) with Nero 6... that if I don't choose "Finalize CD/DVD so that nothing further can be written to the disk", it doesn't seem to want to boot. Of course this is with the understanding that 3.9 will fit on a cd and 4.0 must be burned to dvd. So far I have had great success burning the ISO's. Also, you may want to run an md5 check. There are free md5 checkers out there for windows and I did have one bad download......j

Similar Threads

  1. boot from image
    By nnigam in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2006, 07:42 PM
  2. cannot boot off iso image
    By uber in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:59 AM
  3. boot from HD via damnsmall boot image.
    By nicklaser in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 07:38 AM
  4. may I update knoppix without download full big cd image
    By snoobot in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2003, 03:16 PM
  5. Remastering Error: Can't Find Boot Image KNOPPIX/boot.img
    By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed picture

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed

$129.99



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop picture

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop

$299.00



READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots picture

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots

$850.00



Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010 picture

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010

$64.95



Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X picture

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X

$180.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00