Dear All,
Hopefully someone wll point me at a simple faq which I have overlooked but....
I installed knoppix to my laptop with a pccard network card in place. Everything worked fine.
I then wanted to slot in a wifi card as well & discovered that I couldn't due to space contrants (the wired netcard is too big). Never mind I have a netcard with one of those external adaptors which fits. Now both Wifi & wired netcard fit. Hurray. However .....now I only have localhost (i.e. no more eth0). I know the netcard is a bog standard clone card & works well with mandrake & Suse & it's happily reported by lspci.
So is there a faq? An auto config script I can run? right now a basic dhcp setup will do.
TIA
Adam

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
New BroadCom 9500-8i Tri-Mode HBA Card Storage Adapter New-Sealed
$245.57