-
Swapping PCMCIA/PCCard Network cards
Dear All,
Hopefully someone wll point me at a simple faq which I have overlooked but....
I installed knoppix to my laptop with a pccard network card in place. Everything worked fine.
I then wanted to slot in a wifi card as well & discovered that I couldn't due to space contrants (the wired netcard is too big). Never mind I have a netcard with one of those external adaptors which fits. Now both Wifi & wired netcard fit. Hurray. However .....now I only have localhost (i.e. no more eth0). I know the netcard is a bog standard clone card & works well with mandrake & Suse & it's happily reported by lspci.
So is there a faq? An auto config script I can run? right now a basic dhcp setup will do.
TIA
Adam
Similar Threads
-
By cdersham in forum Laptops
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-12-2007, 03:32 AM
-
By gepetto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2006, 09:05 AM
-
By Kowood in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 09:30 PM
-
By stukennedyuk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2003, 07:00 PM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT
$225.00

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

Dell OptiPlex 5090 Micro Core i5-11500T 1.50GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P Wifi
$199.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99