-
partimage, ntfs, parted and resize2fs
Hello all
Partimage:
The old versioin of Knoppix (3.6 to be exact) had a broken version of partimage that had the server login stuff compiled in (and didn't work).
I had to remaster with a statically linked version of partimage bundled in the root of the cd (I'm not an expert with linux mastering, booting or live cds, and dont have a great deal of time to play, so this was a valid solution for me).
Is this fixed ?
Captive NTFS:
Captive NTFS was broken, the captive user and group were missing and had to be added manually before Captive NTFS would work.
Is this fixed ?
Parted and QtParted:
The old version of parted was broken and in 99% of cases could not resize an ext3 partition.
This is more a parted problem than a Knoppix distro problem, but I shall ask all the same:
Is this fixed ?
Resize2fs:
Simply refused to work on ext3 partitions created using Fedora.
Is this a bug and if so is it fixed ?
Having asked all that, I'm about to try the CD version of 4.01 and see how I go.
Best Regards All!
Jon
-
Some questions answered:
I can't find Captive NTFS at all.
partimage is still broken - even with the -n option it still tries to get a login.
I think I'm going to roll my own distro of Knoppix once 4.01 is out on CD.
Jon
Similar Threads
-
By madoka in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-19-2005, 09:37 PM
-
By wolfgangbeyer in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
-
By raymond139 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
-
By ferreter in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 08:22 AM
-
By gill1109 in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14.0" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$285.99

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$242.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50