Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Unable to write to flash drive

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20

    Unable to write to flash drive

    I have been going through the paces with running Knoppix 4.0.1 from DVD by following the instructions of the manual contained in the DVD. All was going well until I tried to copy files from my notebook's hard disk to a USB flash drive. The flash drive was recognized by Knoppix and its folders were properly displayed. However, when I dragged files from my hard disk's window and dropped them into the flash drive's window, nothing happened. When I tried to use copy and paste through the edit menu, I got a message that I could not copy but no explanation as to why. In addition, I could not duplicate all of the steps in the instruction manual, e.g., I could not find any way to select 'copy here' from the menus I could access. I suppose that the latter is due to the fact that the instruction manual was written for an earlier version of Knoppix. In any event, how can I manage to copy files to my flash drive within the XWindow environment?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    did you remount it read/write?
    if not rightklick on the icon and do that.
    all disks are mounted read only in knoppix.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    20
    OErjan,

    Sorry, I failed to select the read/write option initially. I found out how to do this after I posted here and things went smoothly in this respect thereafter but rather badly elswhere. However, the latter I should refer to Knoppix support. Thanks for your reply.

Similar Threads

  1. Unable to Run Knoppix 5.1.1 from USB Flash Drive
    By Japazo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
  2. Suddenly can't write to USB flash drive
    By GottaBuild in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-31-2006, 10:42 PM
  3. write to flash after booting
    By kpettersen in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM
  4. Unable to write to USB Drive
    By dcohen in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 11:15 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$225.00



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205 picture

Windows Server 2025 Standard✔ 24-CORE✔ 10 CALs✔ 50 RDS✔ Remote Desktop EP2-25205

$317.56