Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I am impressed!!!

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NORTH EAST ENGLAND
    Posts
    38

    I am impressed!!!

    Got mycopyof knoppix last Thursday. As it happens I had a screwed Win system to fix. It had been hit by a virus and Windows was screwed.
    I needed to get 600 MB of files from HD. I booted from Knoppix, mounted the Win drive, right clicked on the CD Writer icon. Choose to write data to cd option. Application launched, choose files and 4 minutes later I had my backupp!! Great stuff.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Yep this is a really great use for the Knoppix CD.

Similar Threads

  1. Flonix, i'm impressed
    By doudou in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2004, 06:53 PM
  2. Running Knoppix from CD, very impressed!
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 04:05 AM
  3. I was really impressed.
    By turbine in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
  4. Impressed!! I'll Say!!
    By martinjh99 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2002, 06:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11 picture

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11

$450.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU picture

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU

$279.99



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Lenovo ThinkStation P520c TWR Xeon W-2123, 8GB DDR4, NO SSD/OS, Quadro K2000 #95 picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c TWR Xeon W-2123, 8GB DDR4, NO SSD/OS, Quadro K2000 #95

$219.99