Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Compiling simple C code

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245

    Compiling simple C code

    I'm tryng some C exercises in my 3.8.2 knpx, and the follow is an example:
    /* Program to calculate the product of two numbers. */
    #include <stdio.h>

    int a,b,c;

    int product(int x, int y);

    main()
    {
    /* Input the first number */
    printf("Enter a number betwen 1 and 100: ");
    scanf("%d", &a);

    /* Input the second number */
    printf("Enter another number betwen 1 and 100: ");
    scanf("%d", &b);

    /* Calculate and display the product */
    c = product(a, b);
    printf ("%d times %d = %d\n", a, b, c);

    return 0;
    }

    /* Function returns the product of its two arguments */
    int product(int x, int y)
    {
    return (x * y);
    }
    When I try to compile it with "gcc namefile.c" I have the follow error message:
    /tmp/cc0KOUWj.o(.eh_frame+0x11): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Any suggest? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2

    gcc trouble

    Hi!
    I was wondering if you ever did resolve this problem because I'm getting the same error message : (

    Thanx!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    I can't figure out what appened at the time of this post. I've just tried it right now and it works!!!
    I've reinstalled knoppix since that time and maybe there was some strange/wrong settings...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2
    Hi!
    I used the command g++ instead of gcc and everything worked! I'm very new to Linux so I'm just trying things out, seeing what happens basically. Thank you for your help

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by maxIT
    I can't figure out what appened at the time of this post. I've just tried it right now and it works!!!
    I've reinstalled knoppix since that time and maybe there was some strange/wrong settings...
    You know, you never mentioned in your first post that you had "installed" Knoppix. Yes, this is the hddinstall forum, but it serves a few others uses too and people here are not always the greatest about using the best forum. You might have received better response if 1) you had spelled out that this was a hard disk "install" and 2) you had also tested the same thing booting from a CD or DVD and told us the result that way too.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Sorry HK about that.
    I was thinking that posting something in the "Hdd Install...." forum implied by itself that I was talking about an HDinstallation

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with compiling source code
    By Redbeard in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2007, 05:35 PM
  2. compiling source code
    By crazy_monkey108 in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 07:52 AM
  3. Three simple questions!
    By nick47 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 02:28 AM
  4. Simple DNS question...
    By RandomGoon in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
  5. Problem with compiling a c++ code
    By estranged in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2003, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro picture

Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro

$179.99



Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A picture

Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A

$10.99



OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236 picture

OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236

$549.99



Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D picture

Lot of 100 OEM Apple Magsafe 2 45W AC Adapter A1436 with Power Cable - Grade D

$339.99



Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"

$14.24



OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466 picture

OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466

$19.99



Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM picture

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM

$17.99



Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718 picture

Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718

$22.00



apple oem cube 5w charger  picture

apple oem cube 5w charger

$6.99



Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter picture

Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter

$34.99