Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Need Knoppix 3.8, ndiswrapper help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4

    Need Knoppix 3.8, ndiswrapper help

    Hello all,

    I'm running knoppix 3.8, and I'm trying to use ndiswrapper in order to use a netgear wg511 ("made in China" version) card.

    Based on info I've found on this and other forums, I was able to load the driver so that "ndiswrapper -l" returns this:
    "netwg511 driver present, hardware present"

    However, entering "modprobe ndiswrapper" returns this:
    "FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found."

    Again, I'm using 3.8 right out of the box.

    Have I done something wrong?

    Thanks,
    blahzik.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    Check here for my post on how I got my laptop working in 3.8.
    and if there is something I can test for you just PM me.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=86382#86382

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4
    Thanks for your quick responses UnderScore and atrick-pay!!

    I did try depmod -a, but I was still having problems. However, I've since downloaded and installed 3.9; used the "ndiswrapper configuration" provided by Knoppix to load the XP driver; disabled prism54 (rmmod prism54); and now the card works!!!

    Knoppix and ndiswrapper RULE. I can't tell you how happy I am that the frustration fest has ended (at least for now).

    Btw, in case this can be of help to other newbies like me -- Knoppix 3.9 works right out of the box on my Thinkpad T30 (2366-61U).

Similar Threads

  1. Ndiswrapper in Knoppix :S
    By Andrftw in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 11:24 PM
  2. 'modprobe ndiswrapper' cannot find ndiswrapper module
    By Kaishain in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
  3. Need Help With ndiswrapper and knoppix
    By jallirs in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-30-2006, 11:07 PM
  4. ndiswrapper in knoppix 3.7
    By catcissplptp in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 12:45 PM
  5. Ndiswrapper and Knoppix 3.6
    By ys0304 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, AUMOX PRO Home 5|5*1G Port, Black picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, AUMOX PRO Home 5|5*1G Port, Black

$8.95



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99