Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How to remove the device clutter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1

    How to remove the device clutter

    OK I do not like clutter, so I do not like the 7 new hard disk partitions that the klik installation yielded. Sinc I find klik a very nice idea I would likt to keep it but I'd like to remove the "device clutter". How do I avieve this without too much hacking into my Debian sarge?

    Or the alternative question: how do I remove klik itself?

    Many thanks for your answers.

    benjamin

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12

    Re: How to remove the device clutter

    Quote Originally Posted by bq
    OK I do not like clutter, so I do not like the 7 new hard disk partitions that the klik installation yielded. Sinc I find klik a very nice idea I would likt to keep it but I'd like to remove the "device clutter". How do I avieve this without too much hacking into my Debian sarge?
    Well, you have posibility to avoid using new entries from /etc/fstab: please read http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21173 . Of course, you will need FUSE installed on your computer to try this. Even if you don`t like this idea too, you can help me with debuging fusecram

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    To remove klik entirely, please remove the entries from fstab and then run
    Code:
    #
    # klik uninstallation 0.1
    # by probono at myrealbox dot com
    #
    rm $HOME/.klik
    rm ${KDEHOME}/share/services/klik.protocol 
    rm ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/klik/.directory 
    rm ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/klik/klik.desktop 
    rm ${KDEHOME}/share/mimelnk/all/cmg.desktop
    rm ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/.hidden/AppRun.desktop
    rm $HOME/.zAppRun 
    rm "$HOME/klik-cmg-install-root" 
    rm $HOME/.local/share/applications/.zAppRun.desktop 
    rm $HOME/.local/share/mime/packages/Override.xml 
    rm -r  ${KDEHOME}/share/applnk/klik
    rm -r /tmp/app
    rm $HOME/.local/share/applications/klik
    rm $HOME/.local/share/mime/packages/klik
    rm $HOME/.local/share/applications $HOME/.gnome2/vfolders/applications/klik

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11
    bq,
    This should help get rid of the clutter,had the same problem,Dennis
    I found the problem with the icons,,it was set up to put these on the desktop in the KDE Comtrol Center,corrected that.

Similar Threads

  1. How to remove device icons on Desktop?
    By matbehns in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 11:20 AM
  2. I can't remove device ikons on my desktop...
    By slater77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 05:29 AM
  3. Remove SuperBlock on device
    By timepilot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2004, 09:43 PM
  4. how to remove a packae without using apt-get remove?
    By DimGR in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 05:34 PM
  5. Cant use CD rom device "not a valid block device"
    By YuXeL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-08-2003, 01:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1690.40



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$452.53



Acer Aspire 16 16

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished

$519.99



1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC picture

1TB 2TB 4TB Portable SSD Type-C External Hard Drive USB 3.1 High Speed PC

$15.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$97.60