-
Still can't connect to LAN
System is
cable modem
Linksys 5 port router
Linksys NIC (in WinXP home boxes, Kingston in Win98SE box)
Various laptops with WinXP (NTFS) or Win98SE (FAT32) or Slax live CD running, plugged into the LAN, on occasion
When I boot Knoppix DVD 4 (from the DVD with a small ext2 partition on HDD for save config), I can't see anyone else on the LAN, I am unable to ping the other machines. I can use the internet in Knoppix (and Slax).
No problem with internet connection. All the Win machines can see each other, and access all the files across the LAN, and access the internet. I would like to connect the Knoppix (or Slax) to the LAN for file backups.
Similar Threads
-
By jcapinc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-30-2007, 06:06 PM
-
By nahjos in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-06-2006, 04:26 AM
-
By valkyrie in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By cschilbe in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2004, 07:06 AM
-
By redss in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G
$75.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00