I'm trying to use Knoppix 3.9 with Asus S5A laptop (Intel i915 chipset, Pentium M) with external optical drive (slim IDE drive connected to computer via USB). I have set it to boot from CD/DVD and it boots fine. After scanning USB/Firewire hardware it shows "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry." and it goes to limited shell. The only thing I have in USB is the optical drive.
edit: it works with Knoppix 4.02. Thread can be closed.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box
$1500.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T54W Prime Business IP Phone VoIP Color Display New
$129.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14
$324.99