-
Write-Protected
I had windows xp home before, and I had set files to private. After I upgraded to to XP PRo, I used same username for the new user name.
Now, my files are set to Write-protected and I can not access them.
So, I am went ahead and tried Knoobix, and it works for me. I can access the files in that folder through Knoobix. Is it possible to change the folder settings so I can view the files while I am using Windows Xp PRo.
I was thinking of moving files to the new user from Old user through Knoobix, I read the tool has been taken and it might mess up the data. 
If it is not possible, maybe then a way to delete the files, sicne they are just taking up space.
-
I can't do either of the following?
Delete NTfs Files through Unix
Change setting of folders from Private to public either through linux or windows.
-
Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I foudn the solution today ^_^
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q308421
Similar Threads
-
By NullDevice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
-
By Skary in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-30-2008, 05:50 PM
-
By foxdog27 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-27-2007, 02:22 AM
-
By longlostname in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-22-2007, 07:05 PM
-
By alex52 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95