-
Please help with Modem love Knoppix but about to give up :(
Hello. 
I first want to say I really love Knoppix, I REALLY want to become an EX windows user but it seems as hard as I try I keep getting stuck useing windows. At the moment I do not have a high speed connection so I am forsed to use my stupid dialup modem. I have a BenQ Joybok 2100 it is a very nice laptop but I can\t get anywhere with Knoppix
I would REALLY REALLY REALLY love to ditch Windows once and for all. If anyone can offer any advice I would greatly appriciate it.
Also, I know all of you are going to tell me to buy a REAL modem, and to save you all some time i already bought 2. I bought a serial Modem, US robotics which works wonderfully, without a hitch, the only problem is I don't have a Serial connection on this laptop. So, what I did was went out and bought a Serial to USB connector, which of course dosen't have Linux Drivers, so it dosen't work. Then I went out and bought a USB external modem, again it dosen't work, ALSO, even if It did work I am almost a complete Noobie so I really have no idea how to check my USB devices on Linux. I am so used to Windows automatically installing the files, or at least giving me a pop up or something to tell me I need drivers, with linux I don't even get a notice to tell me if it is working or not
Anyhow, if anyone could help I would greatly appriciate it.
Thanks alot!!
SilentJ
Similar Threads
-
By Knoppixster in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2006, 03:03 AM
-
By spammehere1234 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
-
By PotatoHead in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
-
By johnsandidge in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

SK hynix 16gb DDR4 desktop memory module
$150.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested
$29.99

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Kingston (HyperX Fury ) DDR4 64gb 4x16 2933 MHz (PC4-23400)
$375.00