Hi, I'm having a problem with my wireless usb Belkin network adapter. Knoppix 4 seems to recognise it fine at boot up, but I can't get my wireless usb adapter to recognise my router (Netopia 3347WG router). I'm pretty sure that eth0 is configured correctly. When I open up kwifimanager, I press the "Scan for Networks" button, I get a dialog box that shows the correct ESSID, and I select this. Then it says "connecting to network...", but it does not show the correct Acess Point (it just shows 00:00:00:00:00:00, this is incorrect). I've tried this several times with and without encryption, so I don't think encryption is the problem.
I can't ping my router, which I find weird, because kwifimanager can pick up the ESSID from the router (even though it can't connect to it). Also, when I run iwlist eth0 scan, I get:
which would suggest that the usb adapter has no problem scanning for networks.Originally Posted by iwlist eth0 scan
The following is the output of iwconfig and ifconfig:
Originally Posted by ifconfig
Originally Posted by iwconfig

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition
$435.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00