Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix + Apache,MySQL,PHP,SSL,FVWM2, etc...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix + Apache,MySQL,PHP,SSL,FVWM2, etc...

    Hi there,
    I've been using Knoppix (an older iso) as a rescue CD for the past year or so. I recently started working at different places on different computers (all PCs) that dont have the tools I need to do my work, this makes that I'm forced to program my php file without testing it, all this in a disgusting text editor such as notepad!

    I have read the Remastering Knoppix FAQ and I understand that Knoppix is a debian distribution with some addons that permits it to work on a CD. I was wondering how one would be about using what's on the CD already, then delete some useless stuff (such as games I'll never play, etc...) and then install some software but not using the debian package system, rather install them from source.

    How would one go about adding software to his remastered Knoppix CD by compiling from source?

    I would also like to configure a couple of things to make sure the window manager is FVWM2 and not KDE or such. Another thing I've thought is it's possible the ISO I will make will benefit some people, is there a way to publish the ISO? Is there a free server on which I can host my ISO, an association or anything like that?

    Thanks for any info!
    Turner

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    87

    Re: Knoppix + Apache,MySQL,PHP,SSL,FVWM2, etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by turner
    Hi there,
    I've been using Knoppix (an older iso) as a rescue CD for the past year or so. I recently started working at different places on different computers (all PCs) that dont have the tools I need to do my work, this makes that I'm forced to program my php file without testing it, all this in a disgusting text editor such as notepad!

    I have read the Remastering Knoppix FAQ and I understand that Knoppix is a debian distribution with some addons that permits it to work on a CD. I was wondering how one would be about using what's on the CD already, then delete some useless stuff (such as games I'll never play, etc...) and then install some software but not using the debian package system, rather install them from source.

    How would one go about adding software to his remastered Knoppix CD by compiling from source?

    I would also like to configure a couple of things to make sure the window manager is FVWM2 and not KDE or such. Another thing I've thought is it's possible the ISO I will make will benefit some people, is there a way to publish the ISO? Is there a free server on which I can host my ISO, an association or anything like that?

    Thanks for any info!
    Turner
    If you've read the Remastering Knoppix FAQ, I would suggest you read the Remastering Knoppix Howto. This provides instructions to removing packages and installing packages through apt-get. There is no special requirements for compiling source in the chrooted environment. Just remember not to remove gcc/g++ when you are removing packages.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2
    You mean it is as simple as doing all the document says and at the moment I would use the apt programs to update the packages and everthing, I could also decompress and compile other software from source, use `make install` as it will install inside the chrooted environment and that's it?

    That would be awesome!
    I'll make sure I print all documents related to remastering so I can have all possible info before I try. Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. Apache PHP MySQL
    By hat_monkey in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
  2. Knoppix v.3.9 and slow apache/mysql response!
    By newiaqua in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 01:28 PM
  3. Knoppix HD Install, Apache, MySQL, => Bugzilla
    By alanteigne in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
  4. apache and mysql
    By dr_rude in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 02:37 AM
  5. anyone use w/knoppix-customize to launch Apache/MySQL/PHP?
    By meandean in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 03:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$899.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00