-
Not Quite Done Yet
Hi Harry
Thanks for your posts.
I am a new member on this forum today as you observe.
I have experimented with Linux for several years. Due to conflicts I can't linstall from a DVD on the pc I use for experimentation. Have tried libranet, vector, white box, mandrake, suse ... all without success. This leaves me just an old live CD of Knoppix and by and large it works. There are posts, by me under my alias ScriptHam, somewhere on the Libranet forum dealing with this.
Your solution to disconnect between the router and the modem is I'm sure very good. In my case the modem and router are combined - Dlink DSL G604T - and so I wondered if there were any other possibilities?
I think that it ought to be possible to get linux to repeat whatever it did at boot up to connect to the router/modem but I am a newbie. I was hoping that maybe someone knew.
Anyway thanks again.
ScriptHam
Similar Threads
-
By paulcsf in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-24-2007, 10:06 AM
-
By Mongoose in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2006, 12:23 AM
-
By rApJtR in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 01:23 AM
-
By mgpope in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 08:35 PM
-
By Sucker in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99

2xM393A4G40AB3-CWE SAMSUNG 32GB (1X32GB) 1RX4 PC4-3200AA SERVER MEMORY
$690.00

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Cisco Samsung 32GB DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q M UCS-MR-1X322RU-A
$175.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98