Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What is the safe version of knoppix?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    42

    What is the safe version of knoppix?

    I was useing 3.6 now i am useing 3.9 and I think I have made a horrable mistake!I

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    51
    I've been happy with 3.8.2

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348
    What is the safe version of knoppix?
    Safe for WHAT? In whose hands? My real question would be, which are the dangerous ones?

    I noticed that you posted another thread regarding USB issues with version 3.9. I am using version 4.0.2 CD and DVD without any USB errors. I have noticed USB issues with version 3.9 as Harry Kuhman had explained in your other post. These "appear" to have been addressed with version 4.0.2. I have also heard of a few issues with 4.0.2 and VIA USB controllers. I don't have much more about that issue, but you can search the forum to find the posts. If you are having other issues, you need to give information regarding the symptoms you are experienceing AND what type of a system you are using. Giving as much detail as you can could help identify your concern more effectively. You previously had 3.6 installed? If 3.6 worked, what prompted you to install 3.9? Were you trying to fix something? Is this installed on a hard drive? If so, you might want to search in the "Hdd Install / Debian / Apt" category to see if there are any related issues/recommendations there.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    42
    Thank you I will get all the info togather and make an issue post!

Similar Threads

  1. How safe to use knoppix to write to NTFS
    By chip.ling in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 08:25 PM
  2. Is it safe to use the Adobe Flash Player with Knoppix 5.1.1?
    By Uncle Stinky in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 09:52 AM
  3. is it safe to write to a FAT32 partition from knoppix?
    By someuser77 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 08:01 PM
  4. Is Knoppix Safe for beginners?
    By counterzone in forum General Support
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-05-2004, 03:36 PM
  5. is it safe to delete user knoppix?
    By DimGR in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB picture

Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB

$180.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00