-
USB Mouse doesn't work Knoppix 4.0
Hi All:
I've been a Knoppix user since version 3.3. Anyways, Knoppix 4.0 (both CD and DVD) do not detect the USB mouse I am currently using (Microsoft Intellimouse Optical). Once the "Scanning for USB devices" line comes up during boot, the mouse light goes off. Knoppix 3.7 works fine with this computer, so I am not sure why 4.0 doesn't work. Expert mode brings the same problem, it still scans for USB devices and then the mouse light goes off. Has anyone else experienced this? A quick search on the site says no.
BTW, Motherboard is an MSI K8T Neo (VIA K8T800 Chipset) with an up to date BIOS.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I just booted 4.0.2 DVD. My USB mouse (Logitech) worked fine. This on an HP notebook. I had previously used 4.0.1 on it with good results too.
Can you get any other USB device to work? Flash memory? Anything that might help determine if it a mouse issue or a USB issue? Got any other USB mice?
Personally I have low expectation that any hardware with a Microsoft logo will work under Linux, even a mouse. But I'm just synical that way (and have seen the dirty stuff MS does too many times).
-
Hello,
I have the same problem. I use USB-Mouse Logitech MX518, with Knoppix-CD 3.9 it works without problems, with Knoppix-CD 4.0.2 it doas not work!
After scanning USB-Hardware the mouse-light goes off?
Please help us, thank you!!!
Alex
-
I had an opportunity to try out a USB key. No go. USB is the problem. Somehow, USB support for VIA chipset got broken in the 4.0 release.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
avarice
I had an opportunity to try out a USB key. No go. USB is the problem. Somehow, USB support for VIA chipset got broken in the 4.0 release.
I have an MB with a VIA chipset on it. Have not tried USB on 4.0.x on that system yet. I can't test it at the moment (download in progress that will take several hours), but I will give it a try when I can and report back my results.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I seem to be having a similar problem. Using the DE knoppix 4.0 DVD (with knoppix lang=en) my 'MICROSOFT Wireless Optical Mouse' works but when I got the EN 4.0 DVD my mouse wouldn't work; since I upgraded to 4.02 DVD both the DE and the EN version do not detect my mouse. Interesting no? I have not tried any of the cheat codes for 'fixing' mouse problems ... yet
-
My Sandisk 256mb USB Flash Drive and Seagate 200gb USB Hard Drive are not working with 4.0.2. Via chipset here as well.
Edit: Both worked great under 3.9.
Oldbenwa
Similar Threads
-
By ismxray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 03:35 AM
-
By ezuk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By LinuxGozer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:46 PM
-
By mdy in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 07:02 PM
-
By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$3.07

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

256GB USB 16-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$54.99