-
No boot on Thinkpad T42
Hi,
I have an Thinkpad T42 running winxp sp2. I am trying to boot from the live-cd and I get a blank screen after the knoppix boot prompt. The cd works fine on a desktop and the system loads properly.
I have tried all of the "tips & tricks" on the cheat code documentation. Setting vga=0 helps reach the next screen that says "Uncompressing linux...OK.." after which it hangs.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
hmm, i have tried several thinkpads with knoppix, several versions. all work. hmm, have you tried this wil start knoppix without X (the windows like environment) it wil look like good old DOS.
this we do just to see if it might be something to do with X. if this works reboot with ctrl+alt+del
btw what does the comand below give as output? (note that linux makes diference between small And LARGE letters)report back with any progress.
-
Hi,
The live-cd I was trying was based on knoppix 4.0. I downloaded knoppix 3.9 and that seems to work perefectly without the need to use any cheat codes. The reason I am trying to get knoppix 4.0 working is because I have a linux based camera whose drivers are in that 4.0 CD.
I havent tried "knoppix 3 nodhcp" yet.. will give it a try now..
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By yumax in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 06:43 AM
-
By fmarzocca in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:40 PM
-
By paulius in forum Laptops
Replies: 15
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Clean Retro Apple Macintosh PowerBook 520 - Vintage Laptop - Tested And Working
$149.99

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple Power Macintosh 6100/66 M1596 - WORKING
$149.95

Vtg Apple Macintosh SE SuperDrive (FDHD) Computer Boots to Desktop Sold AS IS
$140.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Classic II Computer M4159 FULLY Recapped + BlueSCSI
$300.00

Apple Power Macintosh 6100/60AV M1596 Vintage
$129.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5" Hard Drive IBM WDS-280 PowerBook 1992
$65.00