-
Boot Toshiba Satellite 2450-101 from USB device
Hi there
DVD Knoppix 4.0 is working well on my Toshiba Satellite. No problem with hardware except of a few little thing. So why do not start working with Knoppix? But at the moment I can't do without Windows. Perhaps later. So I prepared my external USB HD (Lacie 80GB) and installed Knoppix. This because notebook HD has only 30GB to offer (according manual Knoppix needs about 20GB). Installation was successful. Unfortunately my notebook does not support a start of an USB device. I can't access the BIOS. Only a screen with limited possibilities of settings (the same as I can do in Windows). At the moment I am searching in the web for a manual, how I may access the BIOS. Finally my question:
Is it possible to install only the Knoopix boot informations on Notebook and store the rest of the operating system on the external USB Harddisk?
By the way I am still searching in the www to find a way to get access to the protected BIOS.
Similar Threads
-
By meburke in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-25-2006, 01:13 AM
-
By nerbas in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 12:35 PM
-
By denverc in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
-
By Philly_Blunt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 05:41 PM
-
By toohey in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-11 RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory
$225.00

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Lot Of 25 16GB DDR4 RAM 2133P 2666V DIMM ECC Server Memory Samsung Micron Tested
$1599.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q
$144.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00