Hey I'm remastering a copy of Knoppix 3.9 and I want to set a specific MAC address when the system starts up, how would I go about configuring that?
Hey I'm remastering a copy of Knoppix 3.9 and I want to set a specific MAC address when the system starts up, how would I go about configuring that?
"Changing MAC address" http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20830
"Remaster Knoppix without Remastering" http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/wlg/5964
Thanks that looks like it should work. One more question though, is it possible to specify a specific MAC and still have the IP assigned by DCHP? Because when I change the MAC I am not able to ping anything, it looks like the default gateway is 0.0.0.0

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99