Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Installing KnoppixMyth

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Left Hand Path, Canada
    Posts
    2

    Installing KnoppixMyth

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to be, and if it isn't, I'm sure the mods won't hesitate to delete this post but I thought I'd give it a shot. I just put together an HTPC with the following specs:

    ASRock P4VM8
    Samsung 80gb SATA2
    ASUS 16x DVD-ROM
    Pentium 4 1.6
    Chaintech 7.1 Soundcard
    ASUS V9400-X/TD GEFORCE MX 4000
    512mb of Hynix RAM

    When I try to install KnoppMyth and manually partition the drive it says:

    OPENED DISK READ-ONLY - you have no permission to write
    FATAL ERROR: Cannot get disk size
    Press any key to exit cfdisk

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    My guess it that it has something to do with that dirve being SATS2. But that's just a guess.

    You are right though, hardware abd booting doesn't seem the best place for this. I would think either Other Live CDs or the Hdd Install forum would have been better choices. I'll move it to the HDD install forum.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Left Hand Path, Canada
    Posts
    2
    Damn, I hope it isn't the SATA2 drive. I got it on sale for like $63 that's why I got it.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMike
    Damn, I hope it isn't the SATA2 drive. I got it on sale for like $63 that's why I got it.
    Remember, installing for Knoppix is a complete afterthought. It's intended to be a Live CD. You may have much better results installing Debian (the distro Knoppix is based on). Of course, even there you may have to use the bleeding edge version, but in the long run I would expect your results to be much better.

Similar Threads

  1. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper SRX240 16 Port Services Gateway Firewall picture

Juniper SRX240 16 Port Services Gateway Firewall

$79.99



Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS picture

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS

$8199.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$89.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB picture

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB

$285.00