Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Installing KnoppixMyth

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Left Hand Path, Canada
    Posts
    2

    Installing KnoppixMyth

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to be, and if it isn't, I'm sure the mods won't hesitate to delete this post but I thought I'd give it a shot. I just put together an HTPC with the following specs:

    ASRock P4VM8
    Samsung 80gb SATA2
    ASUS 16x DVD-ROM
    Pentium 4 1.6
    Chaintech 7.1 Soundcard
    ASUS V9400-X/TD GEFORCE MX 4000
    512mb of Hynix RAM

    When I try to install KnoppMyth and manually partition the drive it says:

    OPENED DISK READ-ONLY - you have no permission to write
    FATAL ERROR: Cannot get disk size
    Press any key to exit cfdisk

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    My guess it that it has something to do with that dirve being SATS2. But that's just a guess.

    You are right though, hardware abd booting doesn't seem the best place for this. I would think either Other Live CDs or the Hdd Install forum would have been better choices. I'll move it to the HDD install forum.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Left Hand Path, Canada
    Posts
    2
    Damn, I hope it isn't the SATA2 drive. I got it on sale for like $63 that's why I got it.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMike
    Damn, I hope it isn't the SATA2 drive. I got it on sale for like $63 that's why I got it.
    Remember, installing for Knoppix is a complete afterthought. It's intended to be a Live CD. You may have much better results installing Debian (the distro Knoppix is based on). Of course, even there you may have to use the bleeding edge version, but in the long run I would expect your results to be much better.

Similar Threads

  1. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor picture

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor

$79.00



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99



Intel Core i7-13700 16-Core 2.10GHz LGA1700 CPU Processor SRMBA picture

Intel Core i7-13700 16-Core 2.10GHz LGA1700 CPU Processor SRMBA

$235.00



Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13  3.0 GHz  Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU

$80.00



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$79.99



AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU picture

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU

$169.99



Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2 picture

Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2

$34.99



RGB Win11 AM4 Gaming PC Ryzen 5 3600X GeForce GTX1070Ti 512GB SSD 16GB RAM Wifi picture

RGB Win11 AM4 Gaming PC Ryzen 5 3600X GeForce GTX1070Ti 512GB SSD 16GB RAM Wifi

$529.00



PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU picture

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU

$15.99